perl-dev mailing list archives

From Fred Moyer <f...@redhotpenguin.com>
Subject Re: mod_perl survey
Date Sat, 21 Jun 2008 18:59:31 GMT
Torsten Foertsch wrote:
> On Fri 20 Jun 2008, Fred Moyer wrote:
>>> You forgot to ask about the 2 perl connection handlers.
>> Can you suggest additional answer items for that question?
>
> I mean you ask about PerlResponseHandler, PerlTranslationHandler etc. You ask
> about all handlers of the HTTP response cycle. But with mp2 you can implement
> your own protocol independent of HTTP. The test suite uses Chatbot::Eliza to
> do that.
>
> So simply add 2 checkboxes labeled PerlPreConnectionHandler and
> PerlProcessConnectionHandler to Q6.

Added - I grabbed the initial list from
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/handlers/http.html
and those weren't on the list.

> I think in Q5 it could be interesting if there is some interest in using the
> event MPM with mp.

I've added event as an option - don't think anyone is using it (or can
use it) but we'll see if anyone clicks it :)

> Another 2 questions just came to mind, how about:
>
> Where do you use mod_perl?
>
> * only frontend
> * only backend
> * both
> * I use a single tier setup

We only get 10 questions with this free survey :(

> Do you use mod_perl in combination with other content generators in the same
> Apache instance?
>
> * mod_cgi/mod_cgid
> * mod_php

Added mod_php, mod_cgi/cgid to the application/framework list as
something used in the response phase.