perl-dev mailing list archives

From Fred Moyer <f...@redhotpenguin.com>
Subject Apache::Bootstrap 0.02
Date Sat, 21 Jun 2008 00:11:01 GMT
Hacking away on this some more.

http://people.apache.org/~phred/Apache-Bootstrap-0.02.tar.gz

As I tested this out with Apache::Dispatch today, I came to the
realization that Apache::Bootstrap itself must be bootstrapped in the
Makefile.PL.  Here's how I did it in Apache::Dispatch, parts ripped off
from ExtUtil::MakeMaker.  I'm still fuzzy on the details of how not to
cause CPAN testers failures.

Any thoughts here welcome - still bootstrapping this (no pun intended :)

BEGIN {
     my $AB_VER = 0.02;
     my $fail_msg = "Warning: prerequisite Apache::Bootstrap $AB_VER not
found.";

     eval { require Apache::Bootstrap };
     die $fail_msg . "\n" if $@;

     die $fail_msg . " We have $Apache::Bootstrap::VERSION.\n"
         if $Apache::Bootstrap::VERSION < $AB_VER;
}

... some code

my $mp_gen = Apache::Bootstrap->satisfy_mp_generation(2);