perl-dev mailing list archives

From Fred Moyer <f...@redhotpenguin.com>
Subject mod_perl survey
Date Fri, 20 Jun 2008 17:13:40 GMT
Greetings,

At the impromptu mod_perl BOF at YAPC::NA, Adam Prime had the great idea
that a mod_perl survey could help look at the current needs of mod_perl
users, similar to the Perl survey (http://perlsurvey.org).

We hacked out a 10 question survey using surveymonkey.com, the link is
here (please do _not_ submit any results yet :) :

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=bQyb2RFCBuVb0P52yhaCMg_3d_3d

The survey would seek to attain these goals:

1) Determine the current breakdown of mod_perl users in terms of what
versions, modules, and platforms mod_perl users are using.

2) Give mod_perl users a chance to provide feedback to the development
team on where they think mod_perl development should be headed.

I'm interested on what thoughts other devs have on sending this out to
the list.  I would want to post the stats back to the list once we had
gathered a good sized data set.  This is a small survey gathering a
limited amount of data, but that should work somewhat in our favor in
that it only takes about a minute to complete.

It could be that we only get 10 responses, it could be that we get 1,000

What do you think, mod_perl devs?

- Fred