perl-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Foertsch <torsten.foert...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: mod_perl survey
Date Sat, 21 Jun 2008 10:44:42 GMT
On Fri 20 Jun 2008, Fred Moyer wrote:
> > You forgot to ask about the 2 perl connection handlers.
>
> Can you suggest additional answer items for that question?

I mean you ask about PerlResponseHandler, PerlTranslationHandler etc. You ask
about all handlers of the HTTP response cycle. But with mp2 you can implement
your own protocol independent of HTTP. The test suite uses Chatbot::Eliza to
do that.

So simply add 2 checkboxes labeled PerlPreConnectionHandler and
PerlProcessConnectionHandler to Q6.

I think in Q5 it could be interesting if there is some interest in using the
event MPM with mp.

Another 2 questions just came to mind, how about:

Where do you use mod_perl?

* only frontend
* only backend
* both
* I use a single tier setup

Do you use mod_perl in combination with other content generators in the same
Apache instance?

* mod_cgi/mod_cgid
* mod_php

Need professional mod_perl support?