perl-dev mailing list archives

From "David E. Wheeler" <da...@kineticode.com>
Subject Re: Test::Apache Failure with Apache 2.2
Date Sat, 03 May 2008 23:18:11 GMT
On May 2, 2008, at 19:30, David E. Wheeler wrote:

> I've just been updating the test suite for
> MasonX::Interp::WithCallbacks and noticed that, while tests pass
> perfectly with Apache 1, the server never starts up with Apache 2.

Never mind. I figured it out. I had to change this:

     <Perl>
       use File::Spec::Functions qw(catdir);
       use lib catdir '@ServerRoot@', 'lib';
       use lib catdir '@ServerRoot@', '..', 'blib';
       use lib catdir '@ServerRoot@', '..', 'lib';
     </Perl>

To be surrounded by an IfDefine:

   <IfDefine !MODPERL2>
     <Perl>
       use File::Spec::Functions qw(catdir);
       use lib catdir '@ServerRoot@', 'lib';
       use lib catdir '@ServerRoot@', '..', 'blib';
       use lib catdir '@ServerRoot@', '..', 'lib';
     </Perl>
   </IfDefine>

Not sure why there's a difference here between mod_perl 1 and mod_perl
2, but I'm happy that the solution seems to be simple. Is this
something that's documented somewhere?

Thanks,

David