perl-dev mailing list archives

From "David E. Wheeler" <da...@kineticode.com>
Subject Re: Bus Error with mod_perl 2.04
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2008 18:07:48 GMT
On Apr 23, 2008, at 10:50, David E. Wheeler wrote:

>> Can you get a debug build and get a good backtrace out of it ?
>
> I recompiled mod_perl with MP_DEBUG=1. Is that all I need to do? If
> so, where would I find the backtrace? The crash file that Mac OS X
> creates isn't any different.

I found the docs on perl.apache.org site. I got this:

Core was generated by `/usr/local/apache2/bin/httpd'.
Reading symbols for shared libraries . done
Reading symbols for shared libraries ............ done
#0  0x0002f43b in open_multi_logs ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x0002f43b in open_multi_logs ()
#1  0x0002f7be in init_config_log ()
#2  0x00002b88 in ap_run_open_logs ()
#3  0x0000a701 in main ()

So I'm guessing that's not enough. I'll recompile Apache with debug
symbols and try again.

Best,

David