perl-dev mailing list archives

From "Philippe M. Chiasson" <go...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] mod_perl-1.31 RC4
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2008 20:31:14 GMT
David E. Wheeler wrote:
> On Apr 17, 2008, at 01:33, Philippe M. Chiasson wrote:
>
>> So you end up with a Makefile that goes like
>>
>> all: libperl.so (thank you Apache)
>>
>> libperl.bundle: (thank you Perl/OSX)
>>
>> Try with:
>>
>> $> make PERL_DLEXT=so
>
> Yes, that works. I wonder why I didn't have to do it before? Is this
> something that can be worked around?

This is an unexpected side effect of another fix, for static builds.

> The test suite didn't run for me, though. :-(

Correct me if I am wrong, but runnign the mp1 test suite as DSO isn't
really supported. Needs fixing, but that would take Apache::Test, not
something I am looking forward doing (I believe there is a patch on that
somewhere in the archive from me, but it needed more work)