perl-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>
Subject Re: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] mod_perl-1.31 RC3
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2008 22:35:50 GMT
On Thu, 28 Feb 2008, Issac Goldstand wrote:

> Steve Hay wrote:
>> Issac Goldstand wrote:
>>
>>> win32  (xp sp2, vc6 - no SDK upgrade) - Apache 1.41 binary -
>>> ActivePerl 5.10 (build 1002)
>>> FAIL
>>>
>>> (sorry, folks)
>>>
>>> Segfault at startup.
>>
>> I wonder if this is caused by mis-matched CRTs? ActivePerl is built
>> using VC6 (and therefore uses MSVCRT.dll). You're also using VC6 for
>> mod_perl, but where did that Apache binary come from? What compiler was
>> it built with?
>>
>> Does it work if you build everything yourself from source with the same
>> compiler?
>>
> I'm reasonably sure that Apache's binaries are still being built with vc6,
> which is what prompted me to test this particular set of prerequisites (since
> binary Apache + binary ActivePerl will be the assumed building blocks for a
> binary PPM package to be installed upon).   Bill, am I wrong about the
> compiler used for the ASF binary release of apache-1.3 win32?

I also got a segfault at startup with ActivePerl 1002
(perl-5.10), using an ASF apache binary and VC++ 6.
All tests passed with the latest ActivePerl 8xx, based on
perl-5.8, using the same Apache binary and compiler.
Steve, is your Perl built using the ActivePerl sources,
with the same compile-time flags as ActivePerl?

--
best regards,
Randy Kobes