perl-dev mailing list archives

From Issac Goldstand <mar...@beamartyr.net>
Subject Re: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] mod_perl-1.31 RC3
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2008 09:51:50 GMT

Steve Hay wrote:
> Issac Goldstand wrote:
>
>> win32  (xp sp2, vc6 - no SDK upgrade) - Apache 1.41 binary -
>> ActivePerl
>> 5.10 (build 1002)
>> FAIL
>>
>> (sorry, folks)
>>
>> Segfault at startup.
>>

> I wonder if this is caused by mis-matched CRTs? ActivePerl is built
> using VC6 (and therefore uses MSVCRT.dll). You're also using VC6 for
> mod_perl, but where did that Apache binary come from? What compiler was
> it built with?
>
> Does it work if you build everything yourself from source with the same
> compiler?

I'm reasonably sure that Apache's binaries are still being built with
vc6, which is what prompted me to test this particular set of
prerequisites (since binary Apache + binary ActivePerl will be the
assumed building blocks for a binary PPM package to be installed
upon).   Bill, am I wrong about the compiler used for the ASF binary
release of apache-1.3 win32?

I'm going to try to make time over the weekend to build apache +
activeperl from source and see if that changes anything.

  Issac

In any case, I'll try to grab ActiveState's source distro and build with
that.