perl-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>
Subject Re: [mp2 patch] Support for Perl 5.10 [Was: MP_CODE_ATTRS() is broken under perl 5.10.0]
Date Sun, 27 Jan 2008 18:46:23 GMT
On Sat, 26 Jan 2008, Philippe M. Chiasson wrote:

> Randy Kobes wrote:
>> On Thu, 24 Jan 2008, Philippe M. Chiasson wrote:
>>
>> [ ... ]
>>> Following is a patch (probably will change some more before I am done)
>>> that
>>> gets rid of this hacking attribute handling and passes it around with
>>> magic.
>>
>> Great work! And thanks for the explanations :)
>
> No problems, happy to hear it works.

This XS stuff is pretty hairy at times - it was really
insightful as you walked us through it ...

>> I've applied a modified version of this patch (attached)
>> to Win32 ActivePerl 5.10 (build 1002) with Apache/2.2.8;
>> there's some problems with the t/perl/ithreads*.t tests,
>> which I'll look at more carefully, but all the filter
>> tests now pass.
>
> Nice, that's pretty good. If you can at least figure out
> what's going on with these tests, that sure would help.

My Apache crashed on all the t/perl/ithreads*.t tests,
as well as in the ithreads test in ModPerl-Registry (after
removing the Apache2-Reload stuff), but all the others
passed. I'll start a new message about this when I gather
some new information, but I was wondering if I should be
looking for Win32-specific things - does anyone have
experience with a threaded perl-5.10 on these tests?

--
best regards,
Randy