perl-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>
Subject Re: [mp2 patch] Support for Perl 5.10 [Was: MP_CODE_ATTRS() is broken under perl 5.10.0]
Date Sat, 26 Jan 2008 07:46:47 GMT
On Thu, 24 Jan 2008, Philippe M. Chiasson wrote:

[ ... ]
> Following is a patch (probably will change some more before I am done) that
> gets rid of this hacking attribute handling and passes it around with magic.

Great work! And thanks for the explanations :)

I've applied a modified version of this patch (attached)
to Win32 ActivePerl 5.10 (build 1002) with Apache/2.2.8;
there's some problems with the t/perl/ithreads*.t tests,
which I'll look at more carefully, but all the filter
tests now pass.

The changes I made to your original patch are:
- change the name of mp_code_attrs to modperl_code_attrs,
as the modperl_ prefix is used for the other functions
that go into mod_perl.so
- add modperl_code_attrs to ModPerl::FunctionTable,
so that it's added to modperl.def (Win32 needs this
to include the functions in mod_perl.so)
- add a (CV*) cast in MP_CODE_ATTRS in
src/modules/perl/mod_perl.h, to avoid a warning
when compiling Apache2::Filter

--
best regards,
Randy