perl-dev mailing list archives

From "Fred Moyer" <f...@taperfriendlymusic.org>
Subject RE: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] Apache-Reload 0.10 RC3
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2008 18:26:46 GMT

>>> Here's the problem, the first line in t/conf/extra.last.conf.in is
>>>
>>> <IfModule mod_perl.c>
>>
>> Steve, can you add this snippet as t/all.t and make test again?
>> mod_perl.c is showing up in my list of modules as a static build with
>> unix apache 1.3.39.  I don't know if it isn't showing up in your conf
>> module list because of a windows specific issue.
>
> I think the difference must be that on Win32 the build is dynamic by
> default and that list of modules is just the static ones. Do you get the
> same problem with a dynamic build?

Oddly enough, I don't.  I remember this caused some confusion with me when
first hacking tests for Apache::Dispatch, but I accepted it and moved on.
mod_perl.c shows up in the module list in apache_test_config.pm for both
static 1.3.39 and dynamic 2.2.x apaches.

> Yes, that skips all the tests:
>
> t\all....skipped
>         all skipped: cannot find module 'mod_perl.c'
> All tests successful, 1 test skipped.
> Files=1, Tests=0,  1 wallclock secs ( 0.00 cusr +  0.00 csys =  0.00
> CPU)

Ok this is a good stop gap if the IfDefine PERL stuff doesn't work in your
tests, but I think shipping with win32 tests working would be preferable.