perl-dev mailing list archives

From "Philippe M. Chiasson" <go...@ectoplasm.org>
Subject Re: [mp2 patch] Support for Perl 5.10 [Was: MP_CODE_ATTRS() is broken under perl 5.10.0]
Date Sun, 27 Jan 2008 06:33:25 GMT
Randy Kobes wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Jan 2008, Philippe M. Chiasson wrote:
>
> [ ... ]
>> Following is a patch (probably will change some more before I am done) that
>> gets rid of this hacking attribute handling and passes it around with magic.
>
> Great work! And thanks for the explanations :)

No problems, happy to hear it works.

> I've applied a modified version of this patch (attached)
> to Win32 ActivePerl 5.10 (build 1002) with Apache/2.2.8;
> there's some problems with the t/perl/ithreads*.t tests,
> which I'll look at more carefully, but all the filter
> tests now pass.

Nice, that's pretty good. If you can at least figure out
what's going on with these tests, that sure would help.

> The changes I made to your original patch are:
> - change the name of mp_code_attrs to modperl_code_attrs,
> as the modperl_ prefix is used for the other functions
> that go into mod_perl.so

Yeah, like I said, that patch was wrapped up around 2am,
so I didn't get to clean it up.

> - add modperl_code_attrs to ModPerl::FunctionTable,
> so that it's added to modperl.def (Win32 needs this
> to include the functions in mod_perl.so)

Yes, good point.

> - add a (CV*) cast in MP_CODE_ATTRS in
> src/modules/perl/mod_perl.h, to avoid a warning
> when compiling Apache2::Filter

Noted. Unless anybody else reports terrible breakeage
with this patch, I'll clean it up and apply to trunk/