perl-dev mailing list archives

From "Philippe M. Chiasson" <go...@ectoplasm.org>
Subject Re: RELEASE CANDIDATE] mod_perl-1.31 RC1
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2008 08:12:28 GMT
David E. Wheeler wrote:
> On Jan 22, 2008, at 15:21, Philippe M. Chiasson wrote:
>
>> David E. Wheeler wrote:
>> Okay, that's a static build of mod_perl, that's probably where the
>> difference is. I am building dynamic.
>>
>> I'll give it a shot and see if I can reproduce.
>
> Ah, I always thought that mp1 was better off statically compiled into
> Apache.

I used to do it that way too for the longest time.

> I've been doing it that way for years.

I've switched to DSO a while back, mainly because it is just so much easier
to manage installations, upgrades and the like. I can easily build mod_perl
twice, debug, and non-debug, and keep both .so side-by-side.

One symlink (or configuration change), restart, and I can flip back and
forth between different flavors. It's just too practical!

Welcome to the bleeding edge!