perl-dev mailing list archives

From "Philippe M. Chiasson" <go...@ectoplasm.org>
Subject Re: RELEASE CANDIDATE] mod_perl-1.31 RC1
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2008 09:19:17 GMT

Steve Hay wrote:
> Philippe M. Chiasson wrote:
>> The mod_perl 1.31 release candidate "Works with Perl 5.10" is ready.
>> It can be downloaded here:
>>
>> http://www.apache.org/~gozer/mp1/mod_perl-1.31-rc1.tar.gz
>>
>> MD5:  7cda8676120ff6654bcbe923a2ff5747
>> SHA1: d8d2d4ad36d134a098601083ed4826664bb8a6cf
>>
>> The summary of what has changed since 1.30 are (from Changes):
>
> There is no mention in the Changes file of the change that prompted this
> release to be made, namely:

> (I'm not familiar with how/when the Changes file gets written/generated.
> Should I have changed it when I committed that change, or is it
> generated from svn logs somehow?)

Yes, you should have. The idea is to add a mention in the Changes files
whenever a change could be externally visible, affecting users.

Normally, commit the edit to Changes along with the code change.

In this case, it's also fine to add a mention in the Changes
file after the fact, just make sure to refer to the original
change number in the commit message.

> Aside from that, I have two other problems with this rc1:
>
> 1. Randy's patch here:
>
> http://marc.info/?l=apache-modperl-dev&m=117547002021789&w=2
>
> was never applied, which means that "nmake test" just hangs for me.

Applied as revision 610728.

> 2. modules/regex.t still fails test 4 for me, as first described in my
> reply to the email above:
>
> http://marc.info/?l=apache-modperl-dev&m=117552448731570&w=2

Can't reproduce this on *nix, so I'll assume it's a Win32 specific
problem.

Any additionnal information on that failure? error_log ?