perl-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject incorrect apr linking?
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2007 17:05:37 GMT
hi all :)

so, I noticed here at apachecon that APR.so is linked against libapr in
my /usr/lib from a pre-existing fedora rpm and not the libapr that comes
with httpd.

then gozer discovered that httpd now (I don't know when it changed)
includes a --with-included-apr configure flag which you need to
explicitly pass in order for httpd to use the bundled apr in it's
source.  otherwise, it uses the system apr.

so I tried it.  I compiled httpd with --with-included-apr and verified
that the httpd shared objects are using it with ldd.  I install httpd.

then I build mod_perl... and see that APR.so is _still_ linked against
my system apr and not the /usr/local/apache apr I just installed.

the installed apr-1-config supplies _some_ of the correct linker flags:

  $ /usr/local/apache-prefork/bin/apr-1-config --link-ld
 -L/usr/local/apache-prefork/lib -lapr-1

but it's missing stuff like -rpath that would allow me (us) to link
against it without messing with ldconfig.

anyway... I don't know if this is a real problem, one I'm making up,
apr-1-config's problem, or whatever.  but maybe someone (hi gozer!) who
groks this stuff can take a look and try to replicate it?

--Geoff