perl-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Foertsch <torsten.foert...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: [Fwd: [rt.cpan.org #30061] $r->pnotes stores aliases not copies so is subject to action at a distance]
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2007 17:32:04 GMT
On Wednesday 17 October 2007 18:10, Philippe M. Chiasson wrote:
> Yeah, I know. If you ask me, this pnotes behaviour is wrong, but we chose
> to keep it around for historical reasons. It's not a bug if it's documented

It is a bug. If it is documented it is a documented bug. I was hit by it once
and spent a day or so to find it, really nasty. I cannot agree with
the "historical" reason. If something is wrong it it wrong and it doesn't
matter how long it has been wrong before.

For many thousand years the Earth has been flat like a pizza. But now we know
it is a sphere. So the pizza-like Earth was a very long standing bug.

Torsten