perl-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Foertsch <torsten.foert...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Please help adding ModPerl::Interpreter
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2007 16:58:26 GMT
On Saturday 13 October 2007 08:31, Philippe M. Chiasson wrote:
> In the meantime, I've created a threading branch here:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/perl/modperl/branches/threading
>
> And I've applied this change (rev 584377) as the first one in hopefully
> many more of your patches. Only change is that I added minimal tests.
>
> Note, this patch/test doesn't behave correctly with a non-threaded Apache.

Thanks!

Please apply the enclosed x.patch to the threading branch. I have tested it
with perl 5.8.8 (with threads), apache 2.2.6 (worker and prefork) on linux.

I think it needs some polishing to work with a perl without ithreads.

The patch contains all my findings so far including the pnotes refcount
problem. Pnotes now lock the interpreter like pools do.

There is a new ${r|c}->pnotes_kill function that can be used to prematurely
delete pnotes. It is useful if you want to use pnotes say from trans to fixup
and thus bind the interp to the request but remove that binding before
response. So, PerlInterpScope is advisory now.

Also new interfaces incl. tests (but without docs) for ModPerl::Interpreter,
ModPerl::InterpPool, ModPerl::TiPool and ModPerl::TiPoolConfig are included.

The PUTBACK flag for interpreters is removed since it is not used anymore.

The attached xx patch deletes an unused structure member from
modperl_interp_pool_t.

Torsten