perl-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Foertsch <torsten.foert...@gmx.net>
Subject Please help adding ModPerl::Interpreter
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2007 15:59:31 GMT
Hi,

for testing purposes I need an interface to the modperl_interp_t. That means
I'd like to check the current interp's refcnt and num_requests members from
perl level.

So I thought of adding a ModPerl::Interpreter XS module. But after reading
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/devel/core/explained.html I am only more
confused.

Why is it so complicated to add a new XS module? Is it really necessary to
edit all these tables and maps? Further, somewhere is said that the source
scanning is not yet stable. In fact I have tried it some time ago and got
completely different results.

I know how to create such a module outside modperl but it would depend on
modperl. But I need it to test modperl itself. Hence I cannot build the
module outside modperl because I would not be able to install it without
modperl.

So, if someone knows better than me please help. A patch that adds a framework
for the new module to modperl so that I could simply fill in my stuff would
be best.

An explanation what to would also be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Torsten