perl-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>
Subject RE: Problems building mod_perl-2.0.3 on Win32 with VC8
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2007 15:22:10 GMT
On Thu, 23 Aug 2007, Steve Hay wrote:

> Randy Kobes wrote:
>> On Wed, 22 Aug 2007, Randy Kobes wrote:
>>
>>> I think that's because apxs with mp2 doesn't itself
>>> generate the Makefile; it's mainly used to find paths,
>>    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>> Rather, that should be that it doesn't get used in the
>> Makefile to compile the module, which is where the
>> manifest command in the latest win32 apxs lies. So I
>> think we'll have to modify the Makefile generated by mp2
>> to include the manifest stuff.
>
> Right, I was beginning to think as much myself. I'm happy to just embed
> the manifest file manually for now (it's only one file: at least all the
> perl extension DLLs have their manifests embedded already), but I'll
> look at doing it properly in the code later if you don't get there
> first.

So, just to confirm, the problem you were having earlier
about Apache not starting up with mp2 is solved when you
manually copy the manifest file for mod_perl.so into the
Apache2\modules directory? That's great that, I assume,
the patched ExtUtils::MakeMaker handles correctly all
the Apache2::*, etc. modules wrt the manifest files; we
just have to concentrate on mod_perl.so - I'll take a
look at it this weekend.

--
best regards,
Randy