perl-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Foertsch <torsten.foert...@gmx.net>
Subject PerlCleanupHandler semantic?
Date Wed, 02 May 2007 12:41:18 GMT
Hi,

what should the exact semantic of a PerlCleanupHandler be when
PerlInterpScope==handler?

I am not asking what it is but what it should be.

A PerlCleanupHandler can be installed in httpd.conf or via $r->add_config or
by $r->{push|set}_handlers.

a) all cleanup handlers are called when the request is over. In this case I
think the interpreter should stick to the request just like with
scope==request.

b) cleanups are called when the interpreter is released. With scope==handler
this means cleanups are run just after the first phase that needs an
interpreter. Now one can argue that only the cleanups installed by
{push|set}_handlers in the same phase are to be called when the interpreter is
destroyed but handlers installed via httpd.conf or add_config are to be
called when the request is over. Variations on this theme are possible.

Torsten