perl-dev mailing list archives

From "Philip M. Gollucci" <pgollu...@p6m7g8.com>
Subject Re: offtopic: Embedding Perl in C++: Help needed
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2007 16:25:54 GMT
 > I have to maintain a multithreaded (150+) C++ application (running as
 > 64Bit App on Solaris 10, SPARC, SunCC) which uses embedded perl to allow
 > for easy data modification (utf-8 encoded strings) in certain places.
 > This does work in general, but every now and then the application
 > crashes although the same perl code has been run for a few days.

I only briefly read this, but you're not hitting a system limit of some
kind are you ?  Max open files, sockets, processes ?

sockstat, systat, fstat, lsof ... etc ?

Are you sure everything is cleaning up after itself correctly and
completely ?

1024D/EC88A0BF 0DE5 C55C 6BF3 B235 2DAB  B89E 1324 9B4F EC88 A0BF

Work like you don't need the money,
love like you'll never get hurt,
and dance like nobody's watching.