perl-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] mod_perl-1.30 RC1
Date Sun, 25 Mar 2007 16:02:05 GMT
Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
> Philippe M. Chiasson wrote:
>
>> The mod_perl 1.30 release candidate #1 has arrived. It can be
>> downloaded here:
>>
>> http://www.apache.org/~gozer/mp1/mod_perl-1.30-rc1.tar.gz
>>
>> MD5 : 639e045d782a667111146a70b7948dfa
>> SHA1: 942eaffe4570a9060b3a0ed7de52ac902d054cbb
>

>> Pull in the new Apache-SizeLimit from
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/perl/Apache-SizeLimit/trunk
>> and obsolete the previous lib/Apache/SizeLimit.pm.
>> [Philip M. Gollucci]
>
> So this is currently an UnReleased version of Apache-SizeLimit.
> Is everyone okay with its current state and that its unreleased ?

we should probably either:

  o follow the Apache-Test lead and release a separate Apache-SizeLimit
distribution to CPAN for each mp1 and/or mp2 release

or

  o yank the svn link and replace with static files representing the
current state of things on CPAN

I feel like you've done most of the work on A-SL, so you're in the best
position to judge which path we should take, based on the state of
current svn code.  meaning, if you deem it stable then I think we're
fine, but if it's in the middle of some grand migration experiment you
haven't had time to finish then we probably ought to back it out.

if we weren't in need of a security release asap then we'd probably have
time to make it right.  but I think we need to make a decision based on
what we have in svn now with very minimal changes (or rollback to CPAN)

make sense?

--Geoff