perl-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject forthcoming mp1 release
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2007 16:01:20 GMT
hi all :)

ok, a release of mod_perl 1.0 is forthcoming.  here are issues we need
to address:

  o the META.yml file in the MANIFEST is causing me grief, to the point
where I can't 'make dist' without removing it first.  I don't really
grok this META.yml foo, so I may just alter the MANIFEST and move forward.

  o the Apache-SizeLimit tests fail under various circumstances because

      Apache-SizeLimit/../lib

  isn't in @INC.  to reproduce, just nuke all Apache/ directories in
your /usr/lib/perl, re-install Apache-Test, and go.

I'm not sure what to do with this latter issue.  really, we need to make
sure we include the proper directory for a mp1-based install while not
wrecking an independent A-SL CPAN install.

so, someone needs to address this issue well or we need to back out the
A-SL integration for this release.

whatever the path, it probably needs to happen today :)

--Geoff