perl-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Foertsch <torsten.foert...@gmx.net>
Subject Interpreter scope
Date Wed, 28 Feb 2007 10:04:14 GMT
Hi,

the default interpreter scope is request. That means a certain interpreter is
locked during the whole request cycle. I use modperl mostly in the
pre-response phases plus sometimes as an output filter. But I use pnotes to
pass data between the phases. If I understand it correctly this forbids a
handler interpreter scope. Now I'd like to release the interpreter in most
cases just before the response phase. So it can be reused by another request
while the current request sends its data over a possibly slow network.

Is that reasonable?

Is there something like $r->release_interp_after_this_phase()?

If not what is the right place to start looking/patching? And what pitfalls
are there to watch out?

Torsten