perl-dev mailing list archives

From "Philip M. Gollucci" <pgollu...@p6m7g8.com>
Subject Re: Modperl/Manifest.pm -- SVN 1.4.x breaks !!
Date Fri, 10 Nov 2006 00:43:14 GMT
Stas Bekman wrote:
> Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
>> Like um, are you kidding me?
>>
>> SVN switches the .svn dir's entries file to a binary format which IMHO
>> is a good thing(tm) its much faster.
>
> Yay, that's fantastic!
>
>> Obviously, I swap some paths to get a 1.3.x and re-checkout to roll
>> -rc2, but is there any reason a simple find . -type f  (not quite that
>> simple) or similar won't work.  I guess we could do a  'svn status' if
>> you really want to get SVN involved.  Or we could actually write out a
>> MANIFEST file once and for all and then just update it like most other
>> CPAN type projects.
>>
>> Thoughts ?
>
> If you don't mind the delay, the following will do the same job as the
> code below:
>
>    svn list -R https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/perl/modperl/trunk
Well thats slightly better then the 'svn status -v' I committed last night.
But it does pull the MANIFEST generation from local copy to server whereas status does not
and the previous code uses the local copy.

Which is better I don't know... But I think both are moot based on Randy's wants/desires
for WIN32 / TortoiseSVN and svn not being in the %PATH%

Thanks Stas.

When I call your name, Girl, it starts to flame
Burning in my heart, Tearing it all apart..
No matter how I try My love I cannot hide....