perl-dev mailing list archives

From Ask Bjørn Hansen <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: repos/asf/perl/modperl/tags - IMPORTANT
Date Thu, 12 Oct 2006 20:52:57 GMT

On Sep 26, 2006, at 21:06, Philip M. Gollucci wrote:

> Our release management / tagging needs some attention.
>
> When we do:
> svn copy  https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/perl/modperl/trunk \
> 	https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/perl/modperl/tags/$(VERSION_SYM)
>
> Its pretty much pointless at this point.
>
> 1) the svn:externals for Apache-Test ALWAYS point to TRUNK [...]

Another option is to not use svn:externals but manually merge in
changes from the Apache-Test (and Apache-SizeLimit).

I have a bunch of (separate) projects where I do that with some
shared framework code, and it works great.   Development on the
shared code happens in all the repositories and occasionally I'll
merge it into the central repository.   For Apache-Test and SizeLimit
it should be even simpler because we'll usually only merge from there
to the modperl repository.

  - ask

--
http://askask.com/  - http://develooper.com/