perl-dev mailing list archives

From "Philip M. Gollucci" <pgollu...@p6m7g8.com>
Subject repos/asf/perl/modperl/tags - IMPORTANT
Date Wed, 27 Sep 2006 04:06:02 GMT
Hi,

[CC'ed PMC@, feel free to drop it in replies]

Our release management / tagging needs some attention.

When we do:
svn copy  https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/perl/modperl/trunk \
	https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/perl/modperl/tags/$(VERSION_SYM)

Its pretty much pointless at this point.

1) the svn:externals for Apache-Test ALWAYS point to TRUNK and are not reflective
   of the intent of the tag.  This is fixable by simply svn propedit svn:externals .
   after making the tag.  In the future, this will affect Apache-SizeLimit as well.
   I do not think its worth it to update docs?

2) Some of the old versions point to now non-existant
  https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/test/trunk/perl-framework/Apache-Test

3) Can we standardize our past,present,future tag names -- I just saw another ASF project
do this
   but I forget which.

   I'm in favor or v2_0x, v2_0x_RCY, v1_99_xx

BTW, I volunteer.

P.S.
  I discovered this while trying to find what version of Apache/Test.pm line 500 was the @digits
  regex from the rescent modperl@ post -- then what version of mod_perl2 that was distributed
with.

When I call your name, Girl, it starts to flame
Burning in my heart, Tearing it all apart..
No matter how I try My love I cannot hide....