perl-dev mailing list archives

From "Philip M. Gollucci" <pgollu...@p6m7g8.com>
Subject Re: Failing tests - a plea from the heart
Date Tue, 05 Sep 2006 20:52:03 GMT
Adam Prime x443 wrote:
> Why wasn't (hasn't) a version 2.0.3 been pushed out that just fixes
> problem with the tests?  I only found out about this problem about 3
> weeks ago, after going through the same banging of the head that so many
> other people seem to have.  This problem has existed for months and
> seems like it could have been fixed in short order by just fixing the
> tests and pushing out a release.  I have no idea what's involved with
> getting something like that to happen, but mod_ssl seems to do it with
> nearly every httpd release.
>
> I don't mean to offend anyone, I just think this was treated like an
> insignificant thing, when for some new users it may be far from it.
I think you are right.  I'm not sure -- moving to -dev for comment from others

Currently AFAIK, the Apache-Perl project doesn't do this except for CRITICAL security issues.

Personally, I kind of like the idea -- would have saved me a good 10 e-mails or more.

At this point, I'd just like to see 2.0.3 go out as soon as the Apache-SizeLimit integration
is
done and that being as soon as possible :)

"In all that I've done wrong I know I must have done something right to
deserve a hug every morning and butterfly kisses at night."
        <___/