perl-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: Style nit in all.t for A::SL
Date Fri, 25 Aug 2006 13:10:04 GMT

> Instead of all the ok &= bits I think this'd be clearer if we just did
> "return unless X" and then "return 1" at the end, because it tells the
> person reading the code that everything afterwards is basically
> irrelevant if any one test fails. As it stands, it makes you read the
> whole thing.

the way it's written is intentional - if you just return on a single
failure you're get into the pattern of failure-install-failure-install
until all your prereqs are met.  need() behaves this way (list all
failures at once) internally, so the current behavior is what A-T users
would be expecting.

--Geoff