perl-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r433937 - in /perl/Apache-SizeLimit/trunk/lib/Apache: SizeLimit.pm SizeLimit2.pm
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2006 12:59:40 GMT
Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
> pgollucci@apache.org wrote:
>
>>Author: pgollucci
>>Date: Tue Aug 22 23:35:58 2006
>>New Revision: 433937

>>Log:
>>add in the subclass magic.
>>
>>At this point, we're here:
>>t/apache/basic................FAILED test 9
>>        Failed 1/12 tests, 91.67% okay
>>t/apache/check_n_requests.....ok
>>t/apache/check_n_requests2....ok
>>t/apache/deprecated...........FAILED tests 2-5
>>        Failed 4/5 tests, 20.00% okay
>>t/pod.........................ok
>
> Anyone have any ideas for how to support the ability to set the GLOBALS.

I don't know what you mean here.  t/apache2/basic.t is failing for me
because it's now in the Apache2 namespace but calling Apache::Constants.

> I've tried some aliasing trickery, but it wasn't 100%.
>
> Help appreciated.  Especially those with commit bits :)

I'll help, but I'm not exactly sure of the direction you're headed.  ok,
I haven't really looked either, to be fair :)

I would think that we'd want the same basic.t test (and other common
tests) to run for both mp1 and mp2, which would limit our overhead when
needing to shuffle or change stuff around.  I'm not sure the easiest way
to do that, though.  maybe

  t/response/TestCommon
  t/response/TestApache
  t/response/TestApache2

?  each could have their own all.t restricting what we want to do there
(_some_ apache + _some_ mp, mp1, mp2)?

--Geoff