perl-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Rolsky <auta...@urth.org>
Subject Re: Apache::SizeLimit - iffied for mp2
Date Mon, 17 Jul 2006 15:55:20 GMT
On Mon, 17 Jul 2006, Philip M. Gollucci wrote:

> This [attached] seems to still work in mp1 land and all the A::SL tests still pass.
> I haven't tried mp2 yet. Does this seem a like a route we want to go ?

I think we definitely want to support both.

> I envision an Apache2::SizeLimit package with '*' aliasing of functions
> or wrappers to this one and no real code.....?

Yeah, I was thinking of doing something like that, maybe just using
subclasses, where the mp1- and mp2-facing classes both subclassed
something like Apache::SizeLimit::Base or something like that.

A couple comments on the patch ...

- Rather than inlining both bits of code in the handler(), I'd rather see
that in separate subs.

- Doesn't a method handled in mp2 need a ": method" attribute?

- You import DECLINED so why fully qualify it everywhere?

- I think import() should be called as a direct class method (style nit).

-dave