perl-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Rolsky <auta...@urth.org>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache-SizeLimit 0.90
Date Fri, 14 Jul 2006 20:54:33 GMT
On Fri, 14 Jul 2006, Philippe M. Chiasson wrote:

> I agree, I would rather have a single Apache-SizeLimit that works in
> both mp1/mp2 (like VMonitor for instance), and have it included in mp1/mp2
> via svn:externals, making the release process the same.

I don't think using svn:externals is really a good idea. The problem is
that it doesn't give you any control over what you import.

That means if you're ready to release a new version of mod_perl but I
check in a destabilizing change to Apache::SizeLimit, and then you "svn
up", you get my bad change.

I think it's best to simply do what the p5p folks do, which is import the
source by copying it into the tree.

-dave