perl-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Dave Rolsky <>
Subject Re: ANNOUNCE: Apache::SizeLimit 0.9 RC2
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2006 19:58:07 GMT
On Fri, 7 Jul 2006, Geoffrey Young wrote:

> I'd be sure to give this RC ample time to marinate before making another
> RC or suggesting an official release.  in particular I'd like to see if
> torsten eventually weighs in.  but I wouldn't let him hold things up too
> long.

I was hoping to do a real release sometime next week, maybe Wednesday or 
so. I don't know that the Makefile.PL thing warrants another RC, 
especially given that AFAICT no one on the users list tested the first RC.

> when the time comes to actually release I'd make dist then ping the dev
> list again with the official tarball you intend to release to cpan so
> that it can gather the required +1 votes.  under normal circumstances
> you'd probably just dash off an email saying "I think the code is stable
> enough to release - votes?" but since this is your first release here
> it's probably wise to have someone else just give the tarball a final
> whirl and help you through the rest of the RELEASE steps (tagging,
> upload to, etc) if you need it in case your karma still
> isn't where it needs to be quite yet.

Will do.


Your guide to all that's veg.       My book blog

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message