perl-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Rolsky <auta...@urth.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r419247 - /perl/Apache-SizeLimit/trunk/Makefile.PL
Date Thu, 06 Jul 2006 14:56:49 GMT
On Thu, 6 Jul 2006, Geoffrey Young wrote:

>> I'm with you on the goal, but I think it needs to check to for
>> TestConfigData.pm and ~/.apache-test as well to be useful.
>
> I guess that depends on your definition of useful.  doing so would make
> it run tests for more users automatically, so in that sense it's good.
> but doing so would also mean more work for us

My main concern is getting people to run the tests for the RCs I post.
Folks on this list will probably go the extra step, but how about people
on the mp users list?

There's also the issue that I cannot test on all the platforms this module
supports, which makes widespread running of the tests even more important,
IMO.

> but in the end, I leave the choice to you :)

I think I found a reasonable way to do this:

  -f Apache::TestConfig->custom_config_path()
  or $args{apxs} or $args{httpd}
  or $ENV{APACHE_TEST_HTTPD} or $ENV{APACHE_TEST_APXS}

That works on my system, at least.

-dave