perl-dev mailing list archives

From "Philip M. Gollucci" <pgollu...@p6m7g8.com>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache-SizeLimit 0.90
Date Fri, 14 Jul 2006 22:45:15 GMT
>> I don't think using svn:externals is really a good idea. The problem is
>> that it doesn't give you any control over what you import.
Realistically, how much change do we really expect in Apache-SizeLimit ?

> You end up doing a svn:external on http://svn.apache.org/repos/perl/Apache-SizeLimit/tags/stable
Well, the external can be changed at anytime.  Currently, I have 2 choices
tags/0.9
trunk

I'm not too worried about any bad changes as we run the regression tests before making a tarball
for RCs
and should catch it then. Also those on the PMC tend to watch the -commits lists relatively
closely.

I like the fact that trunk is brought in as it will get extra testing on new features, and
ensures we stay compatible
with any new features/changes that come along.

I know what p5p does and I think it makes _much_ more sense for them to do what they do then
for us.