perl-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache-SizeLimit 0.90
Date Fri, 14 Jul 2006 13:50:38 GMT
Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
> Dave Rolsky wrote:
>
>>  file: $CPAN/authors/id/D/DR/DROLSKY/Apache-SizeLimit-0.9.tar.gz
>>  size: 18685 bytes
>>   md5: 59765709981ac232712a270cf2646247
>
> So now that its out.  Lets first discuss how we get it into mod_perl-1.30 and release
that

feel free to act as RM for mod_perl 1.0.  gozer has done the last few,
but if you have the itch rock on.

> Then into mod_perl 2.0

my preference is to make the Apache-SizeLimit repository serve both mp1
and mp2 somehow.  there are a number of ways to do this (full migration
and externals, refactoring into a common codebase and using wrappers,
etc) but I think some harmoneous relationship should be the goal.

> Or do we merely want to remove it from the mp distros and tell people to download it
> (which is not back compat)

no, I don't think we want to do that.  it would mean future
installations of mp1 or mp2 would use old code.  ordinarily perhaps not
a problem, but I think it's far too late in the game to wreck people's
expectations at this point - A::SL is similar to registry at this point
in that folks consider it part of mod_perl I suspect.

> Also, I saw 2 changes that I'm going to mirror in Apache2::SizeLimit in svn for the time
being
> (FBSD divide by 1024), drop darwin support.

sweet.  but this is why we should be supporting both platforms from a
single codebase and not splitting them apart.

--Geoff