perl-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: ANNOUNCE: Apache::SizeLimit 0.9 RC2
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2006 20:15:23 GMT
Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
> Geoffrey Young wrote:
> but since this is your first release here
>
>>it's probably wise to have someone else just give the tarball a final
>>whirl and help you through the rest of the RELEASE steps (tagging,
>>upload to perl.apache.org, etc) if you need it in case your karma still
>>isn't where it needs to be quite yet.
>
> he's in group perl on people so he should be fine......

ok, great.

and just so it doesn't seem like I'm intentionally trying make things as
difficult as they can be, if it were me making the release I'd run the
final tarball by someone, simply because this is the first time for this
distribution and I'd hate to see the need for an immediate 0.91 because
the MANIFEST was screwed up or something silly like that.

speaking of which, are the permissions properly set in CPAN so it won't
reject an upload from dave?

--Geoff