perl-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r419247 - /perl/Apache-SizeLimit/trunk/Makefile.PL
Date Thu, 06 Jul 2006 15:00:37 GMT

> My main concern is getting people to run the tests for the RCs I post.
> Folks on this list will probably go the extra step, but how about people
> on the mp users list?

hmm, right.

ok, in the next release candidate announcement you can specify how
things should be tested, something akin to

"please test this with

  $ perl Makefile.PL -httpd /path/to/your/httpd

..."

there's a big difference between people reporting back misconfiguration
"test failures" on a release candidate than once a release is in the wild.

> There's also the issue that I cannot test on all the platforms this
> module supports, which makes widespread running of the tests even more
> important, IMO.
>
>> but in the end, I leave the choice to you :)
>

> I think I found a reasonable way to do this:
>
>  -f Apache::TestConfig->custom_config_path()
>  or $args{apxs} or $args{httpd}
>  or $ENV{APACHE_TEST_HTTPD} or $ENV{APACHE_TEST_APXS}
>
> That works on my system, at least.

sweet.  go for it.

--Geoff