perl-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: ANNOUNCE: Apache::SizeLimit 0.90-rc1
Date Thu, 06 Jul 2006 12:37:31 GMT
Philip M. Gollucci wrote:

>>Dave Rolsky wrote:
>>
>>>This is available here:
>>>http://people.apache.org/~autarch/Apache-SizeLimit-0.9.tar.gz
>
> {
>         # Lame test - A way to check that setting this _does_
>         # something would be welcome ;)
>         Apache::SizeLimit->set_check_interval(10);
>         is( $Apache::SizeLimit::CHECK_EVERY_N_REQUESTS, 10,
>             'set_check_interval set global' );
> }
> I think you want to put this in a separate .pm file and have .t file just
> make X requests to this

right.

dave, in case it's not clear, the Apache-Test foo will autogenerate the
t/apache/basic.t file unless it already exists, so you can easily code
up your own basic.t file to make multiple requests and leave it in
there.  just make sure you 'make realclean' before you write it, since
A-T thinks it should be cleaned up at the moment, so it will remove your
work when it cleans up or runs the test suite again.

> and then grep the error_log file and make sure it only happens
> one time; of course, you'll have to have it hit the limit for the error_log file to record
> anything for you to grep for.

see Apache::TestUtil::t_server_log_error_is_expected() and similar
functions.

--Geoff