perl-dev mailing list archives

From "Dan Carwin" <dcar...@covalent.net>
Subject RE: old fix for leaking pnotes - please commit
Date Thu, 15 Jun 2006 00:39:54 GMT
Thanks Geoff,
I'll check into getting a simple test case together.
-Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: Geoffrey Young [mailto:geoff@modperlcookbook.org]
Sent: Wednesday, June 14, 2006 5:37 PM
To: Dan Carwin
Cc: dev@perl.apache.org
Subject: Re: old fix for leaking pnotes - please commit

Dan Carwin wrote:
> Would someone please vet and commit the following (archived) fix?
>
> explanation:
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-modperl&m=104205096312273&w=2
> patch:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-modperl-dev&m=104185397922327&w=2

on first glance I think joe might be right - this could well be a bug in
httpd.  at least I can't think of a reason why add-in modules like ours
should be responsible for traversing back through r->prev and clearing
out memory pools.  but I didn't look very hard at the code.

that said, if you or covalent could contribute tests that illustrate the
bug so we can better vet the problem, that would go a great way into
making sure it gets fixed and doesn't disturb the stability of the
codebase.

--Geoff