perl-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: Releasing an independent Apache::SizeLimit to CPAN?
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2006 18:11:32 GMT
Torsten Foertsch wrote:
> On Friday 16 June 2006 19:19, Dave Rolsky wrote:
>
>>Requiring syscall.ph seems like a nasty hack to me. That _is_ what we've
>>done with our local version here at Socialtext, but I was planning to use
>>Linux::Pid for a CPAN version, since it seems cleaners.
>

> No, I meant the Perl::AfterFork ChildInitHandler:
>
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/modperl/modperl/82057#82057
>
> But anyway, if you are going to patch Apache::SizeLimit using Linux::Pid would
> be better. On the other hand the best solution would be to patch mod_perl and
> to incorporate the stuff from mp2 since other modules may also suffer from
> the cache.

yeah, I think that really need to be the case - if we're going to spin
off Apache::SizeLimit (which at this point sounds like a decent idea) we
really need to reduce our workload and make sure it works on both mp1
and mp2.

separately from that, if it gets a life of its own we'll need to decide
whether we continue to include Apache::SizeLimit in mp1 and mp2
distributions (in which case we'll need to adjust our release procedure
to pull it, etc) or whether we're going to document that it now lives
elsewhere...

--Geoff