perl-dev mailing list archives

From "Philip M. Gollucci" <pgollu...@p6m7g8.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r412973 - /perl/modperl/trunk/ModPerl-Registry/t/fatalstobrowser.t
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2006 07:17:22 GMT
Geoffrey Young wrote:
>>  plan tests => 4, need need_module(qw(alias)),
>>                        need_cgi,
>> -                      need_min_module_version CGI => 3.16,
>> +                      need_min_module_version CGI => 3.21,
>>                        skip_reason('fatalsToBrowser known not to work');
True, its one of _very_ few tests we skip with all the relevant modules
installed and an ithread enabled perl, so it jumped out at me, and I
upgraded CGI to get it to fire.

maybe a TODO: { local $TODO = '' } variant ?

I did some digging into the bug a good 4-6 months ago, and ended up
confusing myself horribly; thus, not posting anything to the list(s)
because I wasn't quite sure what I was trying to say or point to as
being at fault.

I vaguely remember it being something I thought I could fix and
contribute back to CGI.pm, but I've totally forgotten now.
Its related to doing whacky stuff to the $SIG{}s and turning warnings
into fatals inside an eval{} buring somewhere in ModPerl:: ... Probably
Cooker.pm