perl-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: [MP2] possible pnotes bug?
Date Fri, 09 Jun 2006 15:48:29 GMT
Geoffrey Young wrote:
> I didn't realize there was a difference between this (preferred for eons)
> syntax and the tied (essentially deprecated, never suggested on list)
> syntax.  that there is a difference constitutes a bug in and of itself.

and just to make sure I wasn't making things up

modperl-docs$ grep -r 'pnotes->{' * |grep -v svn|grep -v dst_html|wc -l
4

modperl-docs$ grep -r 'pnotes(' * |grep -v svn|grep -v dst_html|wc -l
28

that's mp1 and mp2 docs, and all 4 of those tied references are from the
documentation explaing the thing we're talking about, so they don't count :)

--Geoff