perl-dev mailing list archives

From "Philippe M. Chiasson" <go...@ectoplasm.org>
Subject Re: [MP2] possible pnotes bug?
Date Thu, 08 Jun 2006 17:13:35 GMT
Perrin Harkins wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-06-08 at 09:21 +0200, Torsten Foertsch wrote:
>
>> No, it does not. $r->pnotes->{key}=value behaves like a Perl hash.
>> $r->pnotes(key, value) does not. But anyway if you all think it's okay the way

>> it is I'll simply not use the second version anymore.
>>

> Oh, you're right, I remember now.  It takes a reference to the passed
> value in a situation where normally one would expect a copy.  In
> practice, I only put references in pnotes anyway, so this has never
> bothered me.

Same with me, I've never been bitten by that bug either, sticking only
scalars in there.
> I'd be okay with changing this in future releases as long as it doesn't
> change in the 1.x series.

Yeah, 1.x is most likely never going to be _fixed_ in that regard. Too
many people using it
were working around it. I wouldn't mind introducing $r->pnotes_noref or
sth to fix it, but that's
just me ;-)

Gozer out.