perl-dev mailing list archives

From "Philip M. Gollucci" <pgollu...@p6m7g8.com>
Subject Re: [MP2] possible pnotes bug?
Date Tue, 06 Jun 2006 10:38:56 GMT
Torsten Foertsch wrote:
> What is the common understanding on this point by now?
> -            retval = *hv_store(*pnotes, k, len, SvREFCNT_inc(val), 0);
> +            retval = *hv_store(*pnotes, k, len, newSVsv(val), 0);
Pushes the cobwebs aside.....
I agree that the change you propose will accomplish what you want, but
at some point later, don't we need to free this new AV()?

I also agree with whichever faction says this can't happen in 2.0.x.

I also don't see the need to change behavior thats been around for 5+
years.  I realize its not necessarily the expected behavior. I vaguely
recall you submitted a documentation patch which was committed.