perl-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Foertsch <torsten.foert...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Releasing an independent Apache::SizeLimit to CPAN?
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2006 18:07:06 GMT
On Friday 16 June 2006 19:19, Dave Rolsky wrote:
> Requiring syscall.ph seems like a nasty hack to me. That _is_ what we've
> done with our local version here at Socialtext, but I was planning to use
> Linux::Pid for a CPAN version, since it seems cleaners.

No, I meant the Perl::AfterFork ChildInitHandler:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/modperl/modperl/82057#82057

But anyway, if you are going to patch Apache::SizeLimit using Linux::Pid would
be better. On the other hand the best solution would be to patch mod_perl and
to incorporate the stuff from mp2 since other modules may also suffer from
the cache.

Torsten