perl-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Foertsch <torsten.foert...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: [MP2] possible pnotes bug?
Date Fri, 09 Jun 2006 07:13:11 GMT
On Thursday 08 June 2006 19:13, Philippe M. Chiasson wrote:
> I wouldn't mind introducing $r->pnotes_noref or
> sth to fix it

The more I think of it the more I am convinced that this is not good. If you
think $r->pnotes behaves the way it is designed to then let it be so. There
is indeed an interface that already does what the new one is intended to do,
that is $r->pnotes->{key}=value. Hence, no need for an additional interface.

The behavior must be well documented and the difference thoroughly explained.
That's all. I'll see if I can come up with a better patch.

When I got bitten by it in the first place it took me about a day to figure
out what had happend but hey it was not documented then at all.

Torsten