perl-dev mailing list archives

From Perrin Harkins <per...@elem.com>
Subject Re: [MP2] possible pnotes bug?
Date Thu, 08 Jun 2006 15:00:24 GMT
On Thu, 2006-06-08 at 09:21 +0200, Torsten Foertsch wrote:
> No, it does not. $r->pnotes->{key}=value behaves like a Perl hash.
> $r->pnotes(key, value) does not. But anyway if you all think it's okay the way
> it is I'll simply not use the second version anymore.

Oh, you're right, I remember now.  It takes a reference to the passed
value in a situation where normally one would expect a copy.  In
practice, I only put references in pnotes anyway, so this has never
bothered me.

I'd be okay with changing this in future releases as long as it doesn't
change in the 1.x series.

- Perrin