perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: updating docs on perl.apache.org
Date Wed, 31 May 2006 01:06:13 GMT
Philip M. Gollucci wrote:

> Yes, it was borked.  I've fixed it and just fired off a manual full regen.
>
> For reference see docs/trunk/README.SITE for these instructions.
>
> ssh apache.org
> sudo -H -u perlwww bash
>
> bash-2.05b$
> /home/perlwww/apache.org/modperl-docs/bin/site_build_force_pdf_index
> /x1/home/perlwww/apache.org/modperl-docs-svn
> Bash-2.05b$
>
> hmm that seemed to have worked, but it clearly isn't.  On a hunch, in
> file /home/perlwww/apache.org/modperl-docs/bin/site_build_force_pdf_index
> in sub update(), I changed the system("svn update....") command so its
> output wasn't sent to /dev/null and see this when I try it again
>
> svn: Working copy 'src/docs/1.0/os' locked
> svn: run 'svn cleanup' to remove locks (type 'svn help cleanup' for
> details)

Yeah, this has happened before - for some reason a lock was dropped (I
think someone was doing a manual update and got perms wrong. Remember you
need to sudo perlwww before you do the updates.

> Thus to fix:
> bash-2.05b$ cd /x1/home/perlwww/apache.org/modperl-docs-svn
> bash-2.05b$ svn cleanup
>
> I wonder if its worth making the script smater to account for this
> as this is now the second time thats happened since I've been around.

Good call. just remember that by default it should be quiet, and report
only errors.

Stas Bekman mailto:stas@stason.org  http://stason.org/
MailChannels: Assured Messaging(TM) http://mailchannels.com/
The "Practical mod_perl" book       http://modperlbook.org/